A-Z İçerik, Sayfa Rehberi
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT FACTS AND USEFUL TIPS
- The medium of instruction is English with few exceptions.
- Each faculty member must give his/her students a detailed course syllabus in the first week of classes. Whatever is expected from the student should be stated on the syllabus. The web version and the hard copy handed out to the students should be the same.
- Faculty is responsible for maintaining an environment appropriate to academic endeavor in the classroom. Especially in larger class rooms the faculty member should be able to maintain appropriate behavioral standards.
- Students who do not attend 1/3 of the lectures in core and freshman courses shall not receive F automatically. However, instructors have the right to mandate such a regulation in any course if they include a statement with similar effect in their syllabi. (revised according to the University Academic Council dated September 25, 2009; effective starting in Fall 2009)
- Students are given the opportunity to evaluate both the teacher and the content of their course. These evaluations are used to provide feedback to faculty and for annual faculty evaluations.
- Final exams, amnesty exams given to dismissed students, core and required area courses’ exams are scheduled by the Registrar. In special conditions, scheduled times and places can be changed with the consent of the Dean.
- Special attention should be given to freshman students who often experience adjustment problems which reflect on their performances. Faculty members teaching freshman courses must report their grades on KUSIS throughout the semester as new homework, lab and exam grades become available along with their attendance on a weekly manner.
- Faculty members are responsible for knowing the curriculum, academic rules and regulations.
- Advising is considered an integral and important part of teaching. Advisory Booklet is designed to help the faculty in this regard.